Can Leather Get Wet?
One question that many leather enthusiasts ask is, "Can leather get wet?" In this article, we'll explore the answer to this question, as well as provide some tips for taking care of your leather items in various situations. Dive into our collection of leather products and learn more about different types of leather here.
Can Leather Get Wet?
Being a natural material, leather can withstand some moisture. However, prolonged exposure to water can result in the leather becoming rigid and fragile, leading to cracks and other problems. Nonetheless, there are methods to safeguard your leather and treat it if it accidentally gets wet.
How to Shield Your Leather from Moisture
- Apply a leather protectant spray or wax to form a barrier against water and stains. This is particularly useful for bags, like our baguette bags, which may be exposed to the elements.
- Keep your leather items away from direct sunlight and high humidity areas, as these can cause the leather to dry out and become more susceptible to water damage.
- Regularly clean your leather by wiping it with a soft, damp cloth. For more on cleaning your leather purse, see our blog post.
Steps to Take If Your Leather Gets Wet
- If your leather item, such as a cell phone bag or rainbow collection leather purse, gets wet, carefully dab the excess water with a soft, clean cloth or paper towel. Avoid rubbing or applying heat, as this can damage the leather.
- Let the leather air dry naturally, away from direct sunlight and heat sources. For items like our gold hands-themed leather purses or clock collection purses, stuff them with paper or soft cloth to help them retain their shape while drying.
- After the leather dries, use a leather conditioner to restore its natural oils and maintain its softness and flexibility.
Author: Seuruyalvi - Chief Designer
My name is Seuruyalvi, as the chief designer at ZORNNA, I am responsible for overseeing the creative direction of the brand, from conceptualization to final product design.