How To Remove Lipstick From Leather Bag
Lipstick, regardless of color, can get on your teeth, bags, and even your clothing. When it stains leather bags, it can be a hassle to clean. If you’re in this situation, there is hope for your bag, as this guide will highlight different ways to remove lipstick from your leather bag.
1. Dish Soap And Warm Water Solution
If the lipstick stain hasn’t dried, you can use dish soap and warm water. Dish soap is a perfect solution because it is not too harsh on the leather.
You’ll also need a cloth, leather conditioner, and a soft-bristled brush.
Steps to Follow
- Use a paper towel to remove the lipstick residue from the leather bag.
- Pour dish soap into the bowl. A few drops would do the trick.
- Stir the water to make it soapy.
- Dip the cloth in the solution and wring it until it is damp.
- Scrub the stained area gently with the cloth.
- Keep wiping until the stain disappears completely.
- Rinse the soap off the area with clean water.
- Repeat the process if it doesn’t clean off on the first try.
- If it cleans off, apply your leather conditioner to the area and let it air dry.
2. Rubbing Alcohol Solution
Rubbing alcohol also works for lipstick stains because it breaks down the oils in the lipstick. It works for both old and new lipstick stains.
However, you need to be careful while using it to clean a lipstick stain. This substance dries up leather, so opt for a smaller amount while using it.
Besides rubbing alcohol, you’ll need a bowl, water, a clean cloth, and a leather conditioner.
Steps to Follow
- Remove the excess lipstick residue from the bag first to have a clear area to work with.
- Mix the water and rubbing alcohol in equal parts in a bowl.
- If the stain is larger, you can increase the ratio of alcohol to water.
- Test the solution on another conspicuous area to ensure it doesn’t damage the leather.
- Place the cloth in the mixture and dab it on the stain.
- Dab gently until the stain disappears.
- Remove any residual mixture from the leather bag with a damp cloth.
- Then, use a dry cloth to remove the moisture from the bag.
- As recommended, use a leather conditioner to hydrate the leather.
- Allow it to sit for some minutes before cleaning the excess with a cloth.
3. Baking Soda Solution
Baking soda is another useful option for removing oily lipstick stains. Most people recommend this method because it is a natural, non-abrasive solution and doesn’t damage the leather bag.
However, most people use it after trying any other method without success. To clean your bag with baking soda, you’ll also need some water, a clean cloth, and a leather conditioner, as usual.
Steps to Take
- Mix baking soda with water to create a paste.
- Use a spoon to apply the paste to the problem area.
- Leave it on for twenty minutes to soak.
- With more prominent stains, let the paste sit overnight.
- Clean up the paste after it is done.
- Repeat the process if the stain is still visible.
- When it is clean, clean the surface with a damp cloth.
- Dry clean it again with a dry cloth and add leather conditioner for moisture.
4. White Vinegar
White vinegar is an excellent cleaning solution for lipstick stains because it contains acetic acid. This solution also breaks down the pigment of the lipstick and makes it much easier to remove.
You’ll also need some water, a clean cloth, a bowl, and some leather conditioner.
Steps to Follow
- Mix the white vinegar with water in equal parts.
- Place the cloth in the mixture and blot the stain gently.
- Blot until the stain disappears.
- Use a clean cloth to dry the area
- Apply leather conditioner to restore the bag’s natural shine.
Lipstick stains on a leather bag happen to the best of us. Luckily, there are tried and tested ways to fix this problem. This article highlights four ways to remove lipstick stains from a leather bag.
Most of the methods involve home items you can find in your kitchen. From dish soap to vinegar and baking soda, you can clean out the stain and get the bag back to its original state.
Author: Seuruyalvi - Chief Designer
My name is Seuruyalvi, as the chief designer at ZORNNA, I am responsible for overseeing the creative direction of the brand, from conceptualization to final product design.
When it comes to choosing gifts for women, the options are limitless. Each search on Google reveals thousands of gift ideas. You’ll find gift boxes, clothes, shoes, jewelry, and more. So, what are ...Leer más